The Guild Of British Camera Technicians (GBCT)
“The Care, Commitment and Quality of Cinematography – Through Progress and Innovation”
This is the motto of the Guild of British Camera Technicians (GBCT), an organization which groups highly skilled and motivated technicians who work for varying sectors of the industry.
The GBCT represents
Feature Film, Television Drama, Specialist Factual & Documentary Directors inclduing Photography. Below is a profile list of professionals who are represented by the organisation:
- Digital Imaging Technicians (DITs)
- 1st AC’s (Focus Pullers)
- Script Supervisors
- Camera Operators and Steadicam Operators
- 2nd AC’s (Clapper Loaders)
- Gaffers & Electricians
- Key Grips, Grips, Crane, Louma Crane and Remote Head Operators
- HD & Video Assist Supervisors and Operators
- Underwater Cameramen
- Motion Control & Hi-Speed Camera Technicians
- Lighting Designers, 2nd Unit Directors and DoPs
- Wildlife Camera personnel
- Stills Photographers
- Aerial Photography experts
- Crew Directory: instant access to over 500 highly qualified members across the world.
- Online newsletter: Access to seasonal newsletters to keep you up to date.
Guild Answering Service (G.A.S)
If a company needs a particular job to be filled, they can phone a 24/7 service on 020 8813 1999. GBCT will be able to find the right professional for the needs of the production. Whether a technician is needed immediately or within the timeframe of a day, a week or a month. The service can be used to find a highly qualified professionals in all departments.
Benefits of being a member
- Sickness and accident insurance
- Free Monday night screenings at Pinewood studios
- Accountancy advice
- 25% off BUPA
- Low member rates for training courses
- Trainee schemes
A Yahoo group is being set up in order to create a private discussion Group for GBCT members. The aim is that people who share the same interests and professions will be able to chat and exchange knowledge, share problems and ask questions or for advice.